- Maintain a list of your medications and keep it in your wallet or bring your pill bottles with you to every visit.
- Before the visit, check to see if you need any prescription refills.
- Write down your questions when you think of them and list them in priority order.
- Ask your most important questions first before “the doctor is needed on the phone”.
- Be prepared to explain how a particular treatment affected you. Specific examples are helpful.
- If there is a specific article or paper that you think applies to you, read it and bring it with you.
- Bring your current insurance cards.
- If you have a billing question, bring copies of your bills to the financial counselor.
- Alert the staff of any new allergies that may have surfaced since your last visit.
- Inform your doctor of other doctor visits that are pending, new medications or new medical problems that have come up since your last visit.
- If you are tracking your blood pressure or weight, please ask the doctor’s assistant to write them down for you.
- Leave with a clear sense of which mutally agreed upon goals are to be accomplished prior to the next visit.
Tell a Friend about NavigateCancer
The NavigateCancer Foundation is a national, non-profit, charitable organization
dedicated to improving cancer care by providing free tools
and services to promote self-advocacy for cancer patients and families.
Contributions to Navigating Cancer
Foundation are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
If you have any questions about donating to us online, please send us an email
or call us at 866.391.1121.
To send your gift by U.S. Mail, please make your check payable to NavigateCancer
Foundation and mail it to:
5448 Apex Peakway #328
Apex, NC 27502-3924